First Company - The HBXB-HW series air handler has been fitted with a Multi-Function Microprocessor that reduces the number of electrical parts in the unit while adding many new integrated features.
HEATING: Air handlers can now be directly wired from the boiler to the air handler without adding any additional relays or related controls. Multiple air handlers may be connected to a single, high efficiency natural gas or oil fired hot water boiler to provide complete, whole house hydronic space heating. Each air handler includes a high efficiency cooling coil, a separate hot water coil, horizontal drain pan, flue gas door switch, 120V three or four speed blower motor, throwaway filter, microprocessor, and a 24V transformer. (Note: If connecting to a circulator, it must have a circulator relay).
COOLING: These air handlers are completely compatible with all split system type condensing units and heat pumps. Cooling coils in the HBXB-HW air handlers are extra-large and engineered to offer cooling efficiencies up to 15 SEER, depending on the outside condensing unit used.
1. Boiler Start Relay: Eliminates field installed boiler relay, allowing direct wiring from the boiler to the air handler.
2. Heating Cycle Blower Delay: 45 second delay of the blower start to allow the coil to be preheated before the blower energizes. It also operates the fan motor 20 seconds after shutdown, increasing heating efficiency.
3. Blower Jumper: Set from the factory for low speed heating and high speed cooling. This can be field changed to high speed on heating and cooling for higher capacity out-put.
4. Microprocessor: Allows either 24V or 120V power for field installed motorized valves.
1. Cooling Cycle Blower Delay: Maximizes cooling efficiency by allowing the blower to operate 45 seconds after the thermostat is satisfied.
2. Horizontal Drain Pan: Factory installed. (re-positions within the cabinet for left-to-right airflow)
3. Piston-type metering device or factory installed R22 or R410a TXV on cooling coil.
4. Drain Connections: Primary and secondary on cooling coil.
- Manual air vent on hot water coil
- Blower door safety switch
- Slide out hot water coil assembly for easier service
- Copper tube heating and cooling coils
- Compatible with all major brands of split condensing units and heat pumps
- Attractive baked-on finish
- Primary and secondary drain connections on cooling coil
- R410a TXV (non-bleed type)
Warning: this product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. P65Warnings.ca.gov