582 = Gas Heat RTU, Legacy™ Line / Unit Type
K = Puron® (R-410A) Refrigerant / Model
E = 460-3-60 / Voltage
04 = 3 Tons / Cooling Tons
A = Standard One Stage cooling models/Natural Gas Heat / Refrig. System/Gas Heat Options
110 = 110,000 / Heat Level Input (Three-Phase)
A = Al/Cu - Al/Cu / Coil Options (RTPF) (Outdoor - Indoor)
2 = Medium Static Vane Axial Fan Option
A = Electro-mechanical controls. Allows for use of all field installed economizers and dampers / Outdoor Air Options
0A = None / Factory Installed Options
A = First Revision / Design Revision
The New Bryant Legacy™ Line rooftop units (RTU) with Axion™ Fan Technology were designed by customers for customers and integrate new technology to provide value added benefits never seen in this type of equipment before.
New major design features include:
- Patent pending, industry’s first efficient indoor fan system using Vane Axial fan with electric commutated variable speed motor
- Reliable fixed speed scroll compressor on 3 to 5 ton sizes and 2 stage scroll technology on 6 ton sizes
- Upgraded unit control board with intuitive indoor fan adjustment
- Reliable copper tube/aluminum fin condenser coil with 5/16-in. tubing to help reduce refrigerant charge versus prior designs
- New outdoor fan system with rugged, lightweight high impact composite fan blade
Single-stage units deliver SEERs up to 14.0. IEERs up to 15.2. All models are capable of either vertical or horizontal airflow.
The Bryant rooftop unit (RTU) was designed by customers for customers. With “no-strip” screw collars, handled access panels, and more, the unit is easy to install, easy to maintain, and easy to use. Your new 3 to 6 ton Bryant Legacy Line rooftop unit (RTU) provides optimum comfort and control from a packaged rooftop.
Value-added features include:
- Optional Perfect Humidity™ dehumidification system for improved part load humidity performance
- Puron® refrigerant (R-410A)
- Single point gas and electrical connections
- RTU Open controller for BACnet1, LonWorks2, Modbus3 and Johnson Controls N2
- 3 to 5 ton models use fixed refrigerant metering devices and 6 ton models use a TXV
- Scroll compressors with internal linebreak overload protection
- Units come with an easy access toolless filter door. Filter track tilts out for filter removal and replacement. All filters are the same size in each unit Installation ease
Easy to maintain
With the new Axion Fan Vane Axial fan system and direct drive ECM motor, there is no longer a need to adjust belts or pulleys as in past designs. This frees up maintenance and installation time.
Easy access handles by Bryant provide quick and easy access to all normally serviced components. Our “no-strip” screw system has superior holding power and guides screws into position while preventing the screw from stripping the unit’s metal.
Sloped, corrosion resistant composite drain pan sheds water and won’t rust.
Easy to use
The newly re-designed Unit Control Board by Bryant puts all connections and troubleshooting points in one convenient place. Most low voltage connections are made to the same board for easy access. Setting up the fan is made simple by an intuitive switch and rotary dial arrangement. Bryant rooftops have high and low pressure switches, a filter drier, and 2-in. filters standard.
Axion™ Fan Technology
Direct drive Axion Fan Technology indoor fan system uses Vane Axial fan design and electrically commutated motors.
This new Vane Axial design over past belt drive systems has 75% fewer moving parts, uses up to 40% less energy and has no fan belts, blower bearings and shaft.
Streamlined control and integration
Bryant controllers make connecting Legacy ™ Line rooftops into existing building automation systems easy. The units are compatible with conventional thermostat controls and Bryant RTU Open multi-protocol controller.
Operating efficiency and flexibility
The 582/559K rooftops meet ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers) 90.1-2016, IECC1 (International Energy Conservation Code) IECC-2018 minimum efficiency requirements.
Field convertible airflow
All Legacy Line 3 to 6 ton units are fieldconvertible to horizontal airflow, which makes it easy to adjust to an unexpected job site.
Bryant’s patented Perfect Humidity™ dehumidification system is an all-inclusive factory-installed option on gas heating/ electric cooling and electric cooling/electric heat models. This system provides reliable, flexible operation to meet indoor part load sensible and latent requirements.
|Weight||605 Pounds (lbs)|
|Width||46.625 Inches (In)|
|Height||33.375 Inches (In)|
|Country of Origin||MEX|
|Length||74.375 Inches (In)|
|Blower Motor HP||1 4/9 BHP|
|Blower Motor RPM||239-2390|
|Blower Motor Speeds||Variable|
|Blower Motor Type||ECM|
|Circuit Breaker - Max Amps||20|
|Circuit Breaker - Min Amps||13|
|Condenser Motor HP||1/4 HP|
|Condenser Motor RPM||1100|
|Condenser Motor Speeds||1 (Single)|
|Condenser Motor Type||Direct Drive|
|Drain Connection Size||3/4"|
|Energy Star Rated||No|
|Locked Rotor Amps||52|
|Rated Load Amps||7.8|
|Sound Level (dBA)||79|